FIRST STEPS FOR HELP WITH - BUYING A HOME
Your first step? What programs are available? Where do I start? What do I do?
YOUR FIRST STEP:
Contact Metro Community Development to register for a workshop. Our front desk staff will help you determine which workshop is beneficial to you. Call (810)767-4622 x 0 to speak with front desk staff.
- Opportunity Knocks– Pre-purchase homebuyer training that is required for ALL down payment assistance programs
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) Orientation- Provides information on NSP homes
- SmartMONEY – Financial training and help in projecting a realistic budget
- SmartOWNER – Planning and doing light maintenance for new homeowners (plumbing, electrical, roof/windows, landscaping, weatherization)
As we work with you to attain YOUR GOAL of homeownership and ASSET BUILDING, you will schedule an INDIVIDUAL APPOINTMENT to meet with a Counselor, to review your personal:
- Household Income and resources
- Household debt
- Personal and Household credit
- Budget and Savings
At this individual appointment, we work together to begin an WORK ACTION PLAN with a step by step list of actions that you will need to take to prepare for mortgage eligibility.
ACTIONS YOU SHOULD DO NOW… …. As you are preparing to buy a home:
- Don't take out any new debt
- Pay your ordinary bills on time.
- Save a little out of every pay check.
- Get the FREE information from a HUD certified counseling agency, BEFORE you begin to look for houses or shop for a mortgage!!
|SB 1 - FIRST STEPS FOR HOME BUYERS.doc||[ ]||32 Kb|